San Bernardino Lawyer Handling Changes Of Child Custody

Child custody & visitationParents are increasingly sharing custody of their children across split households. Unfortunately, there may be times when your ex is not acting in the best interests of your son or daughter. When such a situation arises then it may be necessary to go back to Court and request a change to your current arrangement. When requesting a modification to the Court’s previous order, it is necessary to show that circumstances have changed and that the child’s interests must be protected. An experienced attorney can assist you with making such a showing in a way which the Court will accept. Aruna Rodrigo is a San Bernardino lawyer who is certified as a Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. If you need to change child custody then Aruna will take immediate steps to assist you. Contact our office today for assistance.

Attorney assisting San Bernardino parents with child custody modifications

A California parent may not modify their previous child custody order simply because they wish to. In order to gain a modification, parents must show that circumstances have changed since the Court’s previous order and that such a modification will be in the best interests of the child. When deciding what is in a child’s best interests, the Court will consider the needs of the child, the ability of each parent to meet those needs, and more. If the Court grants the modification then it will also enter new orders in regards to visitation, child support, and more. Litigating a change of custody case can involve complicated issues of fact and law. It is strongly suggested that you retain a lawyer to assist you.

Aruna Rodrigo is a San Bernardino family law attorney assisting with change of child custody cases. Aruna will use your initial consultation to gain an understanding of your situation and to assess whether you have a basis to modify the Court’s order. He will quickly file a Motion with the Court and, if the matter is urgent (such as in a case where a parent is abusing drugs), he will request that the Judge hear the matter immediately. Aruna will work to acquire evidence related to your counterpart’s fitness to parent. This evidence may include employment records, police reports, security footage, phone records, etc. If a resolution is not reached then our office will take your case to trial and make sure that your rights are protected throughout the process. We understand that you are facing a serious situation – we will take your case seriously. Contact us today.

We also service Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Ontario, Victorville, Rialto, Hesperia, Chino, Upland, Apple Valley, Redlands, Highland, Colton, Yucaipa, Montclair, elsewhere in the Inland Empire, as well as Los Angeles.

San Bernardino lawyer helping parents change custody from outside of California

There are many instances in which a parent may reside in California with a child while the other parent lives out of state. Under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), California Courts will hear a custody modification case if the child has resided in our state for at least the past six months. Litigating across state lines can be stressful. Accordingly, Aruna makes attorney-client communication a priority. Our lawyer will work to keep you apprised as to the status of your case and will make himself available to answer your questions. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of service and this is our promise in each and every case we handle.